Friday, May 4, 2007

I guess I've made the big time now, as I'm officially "banned by Jake" at Father Jake Stops the World (http//:frjakestopstheworld.blogspot.com). Jake is an unrepentant revisionist/progressive/reappraiser, whose main weakness is an inability to keep from taking an argument personally. If he feels that he is getting the worst of an argument, woops, you're gone! If you support the progressive agenda, and agree with Jake, or only mildly disagree, then you are OK. However, if you do not, well, look out. He is much more likely to ban someone than are the elves at Titusonenine or the commenatrix at Stand Firm. Now, I must say that a lot of what I may say, and the way I say it here, would get me warned at T19 or SF, or result in comments being deleted. I am likely to call a gay person a fag, poof, queer, or sodomite, or anyone who deserves it a gobspit. I give credit for my colorful vocabulary to my years in the Army, especially my assignments in Infantry Divisions. I firmly believe that the major cause of stress is the mind overriding the body's basic need to choke the living feces out of some anus who richly deserves it. Now, lets be clear here, I make a distinction between people, all God's chilluns, and their behavior. Fr. Jake (real name: Terry Martin) as a person is deserving of respect and love, and our prayers. On the other hand, he plays the ass with astonishing regularity. SF has a poster, taomikael, who plays the ass all the time. He acts a right gobspit with most every post; a close second is merseymike, another sod who claims not to be Christian, yet hangs out at a reasserting blog playing the troll and the ass as well. Since they are courteous when posting their drivel and spit, then they get to stay. Terebinth I haven't quite figured out, since he is all over the map on his posts, but he is another who acts a gobspit often.
So far I haven't decided whether or not I will surf blogs for interesting material to post and praise or damn. Posts from people who support TEC and its leadership are easy to damn, and I'll undoubtedly enjoy it. So, if I say some one is an ass or gobspit, that just means that he or she is acting like one. I think ad hominem attacks are despicable, so if I can't argue with someone, I won't call them a name, unless I already have ex ante. I won't do it to come out on top in an argument.
Which brings me to responding to posts. I may or may not. I may or may not keep an archive of discussions. It depends on how busy I am and whether I think it's worthwhile. IOW, if the marginal costs exceeds the marginal benefits, then tough noogies. I am the boss here, and I decide. If you don't like it, well, I reckon you don't like it.
By the way, my favorite two blogs are T19 and SF, followed by Drell's Descants and Transfigurations. The Midwest Conservative Journal is in a class of its own. Lots of good stuff there, and readers can expect reasoned discourse. Me, I like reasoned discourse, but I have less patience than those folks do.
Peace, love and joy! Tomorrow ++Peter J. Akinola will install +Martyn Minns as missionary bishop for the Convocation of Anglicans in North America (CANA), in spite of her squidness and the ABC both asking him not to. I must say, the Archbishop has a set.

1 comment:

taomikael said...

Oh, the poor wittle fledging birdie! It got banned at Jakes. Could it be because of fowl language?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

It's amusing to discover that you're being smeared and slandered out in blogdom in places where you have never visited -- but this is apparently par for the course with the vulture Xian set. Their gawd forbid they should ever enter direct combat, might get their little pinions fluffed.